When your insurance company reimburses your practice
What we need from you:
- An administration fee for the processing of the initial claim form (per condition)
- The claim form signed and dated by the policy holder in the relevant section, stating that payment comes direct to us. This should be completed at the time of treatment, or within 3 working days
- Sections of the claim form which the policy holder is required to complete must be filled out correctly
- A completed claim form for each condition you wish to claim for
- Payment for any non-insured work at the time of treatment
- Covering letter/certificate of your policy, when processing the initial claim, which shows the policy limit, excess amount, start date and any exclusion(s) that may exist on the policy. (When your policy renews, please bring in the renewed certificate/covering letter)
What we’ll do:
- Complete the claim form and have it signed by the vet in charge of the case (or other authorised staff member)
- Aim to send it promptly to the insurer by post or electronically
- Attach the full clinical history, along with each claim form
- Provide any information requested by the insurer during the processing of the claim e.g. blood results, x-rays, etc.
Contact you if we’ve not received payment from the insurer 4 weeks after sending the claim form (most insurers request 4 weeks to process a claim) in order that you may query this with your insurance provider.
If the insurer declines to settle the insurance claim, it’s your responsibility to settle the account in full within 30 days.
By offering a direct claim, we are not creating a contract between ourselves and the insurer. Any disputes regarding the claim will remain your responsibility and we are not required to investigate for you or deal with queries. (However, we will help when possible but most insurers will only speak to the policy holder).